Pages


Red Velvet Cupcakes Love

25. maj 2014

Cupcakes love, Yeah! Everyone love cupcakes or I hope so. These little cute sweet things are fantastic for any occasion and I mean any occasion. So I decided to make these lovelies for my little brother when he ask for cake earlier this morning. To be earnest this isn't really good for those who are training or on a diet for summer, like myself. But cheat days are allowed - well for me they are or else I would go nuts without sweet things in my life. So I hope you would allow yourself to enjoy these lovelies.

Have a wonderful lovely day. 

Ingrédients
1 large egg
buttermilk (120ml)
1 tbsp of white wine vinegar
1 tsp of vanilla essence
2 tbsp of red food colouring (30ml)
sunflower oil (180ml)
self raising flour (200g)
caster sugar (225g)
1 heaped tsp of cocoa powder
pinch of salt



frosting
cream cheese (100g)
butter (50g)
icing sugar (200g)
1 tsp of vanilla essence 

How to 
Preheat oven to 180°C  

whisk the egg in a bowl for a minute. 

add buttermilk, vinegar, vanilla, and sunflower oil. 
dump the flour, sugar, cocoa, salt and food colouring into the bowl and mix together. 
whisk for a few minutes until combined and smooth. 
spoon into cupcake cases sat in a muffin tray so they are ¾ full. 
bake in the oven for 25 minutes until risen and cooked - test with a knife and it should come out clean. 
cool the cupcakes in their cases. 
slice a little off of the top of the cupcakes to make it flat and keep the trimmings to one side. 
beat the cream cheese and butter in a bowl until light and fluffy with the vanilla. 
add icing sugar and stir until combined. 
spread a little icing on top of the cupcake and crumble some sponge off-cuts on top to decorate. 

Leave a Comment

Send en kommentar