Pages


#3 Vienna: Museums to see

24. jul. 2017


Hi Love, 

Again, I will try to gush my love for Vienna at the bare minimum but the city is really absolutely beautiful and romantic. 

Vienna is known for its history and art. Hello, Mozart! So if you can, go to the 'Theater an der Wien' and hear a opera if you're into that. While I was there the last time in February I heard Peer Gynt and the entire show was amazing!

There's also a lot of museums you can explore and see while in Vienna. I mean, they have a Museum Quartier! What is there not to love. After four times there I have yet gone through every Museum yet.   If you're planning to go and see a lot of the attraction while there I would recommend you to buy a Vienna Card, so the attractions can become cheaper if you're not a student the entry tickets can quickly run up.

Leopold Museum: Is one of my favourite. probably because it was here I was first introduced to Egon Schiele and his art work. The colours are done in such a genius way that you cannot stop looking at them. The museum house one of the largest collections of modern Austrian art, featuring artists such as Egon Schiele, Gustav Klimt, Oskar Kokoschka and Richard Gerstl.

Albertina: This place is beautiful and very accessible place in the inner Stadt of Vienna. Beware a lot of tourists and artsy Viennese people is to be seen there. Not long ago they had the most stunning collection of Monet housed in the museum that I have ever seen.  

Belvedere Palace: is the perfect picnic place and are really recommended. Their gardens are beautiful and lovely and the atmosphere couldn't be better. Do not cheat yourself from seeing it, that would be a mistake! Last I was there they still had the exhibition from Ai Weiwei from the 21-haus outside around the springs. It's close to 21-haus where they usually do a lot of post-modern art exhibition. 

Schönbrunn Palace: It's called mini Versailles. Do I need to say more? Go there for the gardens, go there for the mini hike to the view point over the city. Just do it. Inside there's featured many art pieces from Austria's Great Rise. 

Leave a Comment

Send en kommentar